Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Initial thoughts....




Hmmmm....

How do you start a blog about your own family? How do you start an entry about your entire existence? How do you start a story about your brother? How, how exactly, can this possibly begin?

I just do not know. Here is a thought:

I posted a facebook status update that said the following:

Brian is almost ready to publish a book about my brother's life called "We Were Relentless" by Martin J. Levin. Email me at brianclevin@hotmail.com to preorder. 10:49am
- 2 Comments

And the comments were as follows:


is this gonna be a book about Jordan turning me into a greek god at the gym???

or about Jordan teaching me how to waterski?

I think that the only appropriate place to start the story is to discuss how Jordan has touched certain people's lives -- how he, without question, has managed to somehow connect with each person he meets. To inspire them, or at least leave a lasting impact or make them think a little differently. The people who posted the preceding comments are not family members or close friends, just people he has known throughout his life.

When Jordan's name is brought up, anyone who has ever met him can think of something that he has done for them. Obviously I am biased because he is my brother and my best friend.

Nonetheless, I truly believe that he, without knowing it, has touched the lives of everyone he has met.

And more than anything in the world, that is a great tribute to both him and my parents, Martin and Mollene Levin.



By the way, this post is about as aggrandizing as it is going to get....

No comments:

 
type='text/javascript'/>